Sunday, June 7, 2009

Spring has sprung, Fall has fell, Looks like summer is going to be hotter than heck!

Anyway we are hoping for hotter weather. Lots of rain though this month so far. Well I'm glad that the garden is planted. Just need to add some more beans and radishes as the first planting won't last long. I hope everyone close likes beets and peas as we have lots. We can freeze them if we get last years corn out of the freezer. We keep promising everyone some but forget to take it when we go. Oh well thats just old age, welcome Marty and Jamie! Mom and I are trying to recoop from the drive back from Portland. We sure enjoyed the time spent while there. I'm glad Mom took her cricket as it was the hit of the trip. Thanks to the Muench's for giving us a bed. More like thanks to Michael for giving up his bed! Doug's Father had givin them his camper and so he had a nice bed to sleep in each night. It was nice to see everyone. Sorry we missed the Hedrick's on our pre graduation dinner at Doug and Nannettes. We were planning on a great cook out with Mike showing off his new cooker for us. Well Mother nature decided that she was going to put on a show and did a pretty good job of it. The weather man put out the warning of high winds, hale, rain, and possible tornadoes. Bart and Heather lost their power, trees were blown down and traffic on the freeway just about came to a stop. It made quite a mess of things. Needles to say we had our meal in the house. Then we went to Michael's graduation outside and it was great. We enjoyed the evening together. Congratuation to Michael for finishing the course. We decided to drive for awhile and then stop and get a fresh start in the morning. We found out that all the road construction had stopped for the night and so we kept coming on home. Mom was able to get some rest while I drove through the heavest of traffic and then she drove from up on top of the blues to Boise while I got a rest. It rained most of the way home and has rained every since we have been home. Here I was worried about my garden not getting watered while I was gone. We are glad to be home again and planning a trip to Grace and American Fork. Katie needs some help painting and getting her camp trailer working and Kim is ready to put down her new living room floor. I have my sleep test results on Tuesday and will be glad to have the results.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

Glad the trip was a success. I am glad you think summer is going to be hot because with this wet week and next week to be the same I am feeling like we are going to have a west coast summer.

Dad's Garden

Dad's Garden
Look at Me

Welcome Home

Welcome Home
Aberdeen Park for Welcome Home

Tall Sunflower and Corn

Tall Sunflower and Corn
Featuring Dad

Peck Men

Peck Men
Our Three Son's