Well it sure has been spring in Aberdeen! Winter for two days and summer for two days and then windy in between them all. We have even had snow in the last few weeks. The field is planted to beets this year and they have been planted and watered and coming up. We haven't planted anything in the garden as yet but I'm wanting to really bad. I've cleaned up a lot more down below because they planted last years garden to beets. They are not the red beets that you eat only high in sugar that I don't need. So I expanded more in the bottom and up the bottom of the field. I'll show a picture some day soon. It will be smaller than last year. Hopefully more productive ground. Who knows. Less weeds in the yard to keep cut or sprayed or hoed out. I still should have all the items we love. Not as much corn but enough, more peas and carrots. Anyway still should have everything except too much zucinni. We worked at Pat and Dales today and so we should be able to get everyone some tomatoes. I will have red potato seed for anyone that wants some. Our apple trees are just coming out in leaf and so I need to spray them and get started on preparing them for blossom. The apricots also haven't blossomed yet either. This is uselly good, in that the warmer it gets the more likely they will make it through the frost. Last year the wind thinned them all out for us. We are still planning on camping somewhere as a family for memorial day. The Nat will be open for swimming but we don't know about camping yet. It would be fun to all be together as our family reunion again if it is. And I need to work on my trailer still. We love all of you, and have enjoyed the birthday parties and phone calls and cards. I still can't believe we get so many blessings because of all of you. I wasn't that good of a Dad. You all are doing so good as parents teaching your children. Keep up the good work. We Love you all
May God continue to bless.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dad's Garden
Look at Me
Welcome Home
Aberdeen Park for Welcome Home
Tall Sunflower and Corn
Featuring Dad
Peck Men
Our Three Son's



1 comment:
Glad things are moving along for you. I am debating on a garden if we are doing all the constuction. Can't wait for Memorial Day Weekend. So excited to camp
Post a Comment