Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Oh I love Summer.
It is so great to be hot and sweaty. The garden is going wild with produce. This year I have a bumper crop of peas, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kohlrabi, carrots, radishes and that is just to start off. The corn is hot on the growth list, with tomatoes and cucumbers right behind. It has just jumped off to new highs. I have a great crop of pumpkins, squash, and beans. Last year I had a row of sun flowers down the outside of the garden, this year I took a bucket of seed from last year and poured them out in a small area that I had left over after planting five long rows of corn. Well every seed sprouted and is growing fast. So the grandkids are really going to have a forest this year. It will be fun. We have enjoyed the camping the trip to Portland, Nanns visit and most of the summer. The Temple was closed for three weeks so we had and extra week this year to run around. We enjoyed having Kim, Caleb and Erin come and stay and our visits down there. They have a new floor in their living room that is to die for. It is really beautiful. A new floor in the kitchen just makes it more beautiful. They have really done a great job on painting and fixing up. Great job Kim and Phil and family. We have enjoyed all of our visits with all of you. Some visits are every week on Sunday over the phone. Thanks Andrew and Heather for the weekly visits. They are great. Well Mom is getting ready for Bed so this will have to do. Luv you all and take good care. Luv u all Mom and Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dad's Garden
Look at Me
Welcome Home
Aberdeen Park for Welcome Home
Tall Sunflower and Corn
Featuring Dad
Peck Men
Our Three Son's



1 comment:
Can't wait to see how the garden has grown
Post a Comment